Modified version of Joomla MultiSite by Naveen Gavini for the Google Summer of Code project in 2009. The original version was created for an early build of Joomla 1.6 which is incompatible with Joomla 1.6 final. See the original thread here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=404118 .
I have rewritten bits and pieces to fix small and large problems and finally managed to get the bulk of it working again. Please note: the 1.0 'final' build might have been functional but it was nowhere near dummy-proof: there are reported instances where MultiSite removed the entire database. I have attempted to fix these potential hazards but be warned: this is testing material so make sure you have backups before installing and using MultiSite!
COMPONENT/PLUGIN SHARING DOES NOT WORK IN THIS VERSION! Only module sharing is fully functional. Component (and probably plugins) work but can not be configured since the administrator menus are not available in virtual sites.
Changelog version 1.1:
- Numerous fixes to comply with PHP 5.3, mostly by-reference warnings.
- Fixed a couple of bugs with missing class members
- Updated SQL schema to Joomla 1.6 RC1 for virtual sites.
- The framework.php file is no longer modified.
- Updated installer to only modify defines.php and perform an actual patch instead of a blind file replace from the package.
- Installer now installs an index.html to hide the entries in 'config'
- Updated uninstaller to only replace defines.php with the backup version on both the front- and backend.
- URL to configuration name conversion is now using a file as cache to speed up potential lookups and provides filtering to get rid of 'scary' characters. The fuzzy domain matching is preserved.
- Fixed potential inserting of overlapping prefixes: removing of a site would remove tables from the other overlapping site as well.
- Fixed a nasty bug where reloading the panel during deleting would remove the *entire* database instead of just the virtual site.
- Added a fail-back check to the administrator side defines.php in case the installation fails: this allows the admin side of Joomla to keep functioning (so the component can be removed to fix the frontend).
- Rewrote installer with lots of error checking and using the Joomla 1.6 installation class style. Removed both old install and uninstall scripts.
Tested on Joomla 1.6 RC1:
- Creating new virtual site
- Removing virtual site
- Linking users and groups on virtual site to master site
- Installing new modules and configuring plus using it on both master and virtual sites
- Installing new components and plugins plus using them. Configuration is not possible because the administrator buttons are missing in virtual domains.